Enjoy this powerful interview from The Passionate Few with Omar and co-founders of the multi-million dollar company California Plastics, our very own Abhimanyu (Abby) Khanna and Bianca Desai! Omar’s interview of Abby and Bianca gives an in-depth understanding of the deep rooted values in California Plastics through their life experiences. Abby comes from humble beginnings in India. Abby migrated in search for a better life with $200 to his name, sleeping in his car and working odd jobs to survive. He then went on to discover and fine-tune his sales skills, met the love of his life Bianca, and ultimately started California Plastics. California Plastics is a stocking distributor offering more than 20,000 varieties of specialty, engineering, and commodity thermoplastics from the industry’s leading manufacturers and global suppliers. During the pandemic, Abby saw a problem and sought to find a solution to fix it because he is an entrepreneur at heart. He partnered with a $2 Billion dollar company, Ascend Materials to supply some of the highest quality PPE masks that feature active zinc ions embedded in the fabric.
It is the first of its kind technology for fabrics and high-touch surfaces. Acteev™ technology is groundbreaking virus and bacteria protection for fabrics and high-touch surfaces – a leap forward in protection for face masks, apparel, upholstery, air filters, cellphone cases and more. Acteev™ uses zinc ions embedded into each molecule to destroy bacteria, fungi and viruses — including deactivating the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 with 99%+ effectiveness.*
Acteev™ offers a world of protection for everyday applications.
- Long-lasting defense that won’t wash away, providing value for the life of the product.
- Reusable technology, saving millions of disposable masks from going to landfills.
- Highest-grade protection, currently under review with the FDA and EPA.
- Proven success with 20+ technology patents and a 70-year history of innovation.
Protect yourself, your family and friends with Acteev Protect™ Technology
* Testing conducted on various end forms. Testing by University of Cambridge found a >3 log reduction in SARS-CoV-2 and H1N1 viruses upon instant contact on polyamide 66 textile fabric with Acteev technology as compared to an identical basis weight polyamide 66 textile fabric without Acteev technology. Please refer to technical data sheet for data on specific products. Acteev Protect does not protect users or others against disease-causing bacteria or viruses.